PARASITES FTL. YTMND PARASITE EXTERMINATORS FTW ! Hello
Can we please get CROOKED-WOOD banned? His sites are all stolen and NARVs upvote them. HeatherChandler
i think he's gonna get banned. max already threatened such.
Thanks to these two articles NARV, and Parasite, the ytmnd public is getting informed. Any new catchphrases or identifiers of ytmnd abuse out there?, any new epidemics that we should know about? Let MasterSitsu or nutnics know.
- Maybe unresponsible downvoters, like sexymofo (downvoting every site he finds and comments "You fail, please try again ^_^") --It's Smiddle, LOL | What is Talk Page? 05:56, August 18, 2006 (CDT)
- Sexymofo falls under the category of "Attention Whore," which is also something we need to add (DownvotesMcGee is another). Crazyswordsman 14:59, August 29, 2006 (CDT)
Add this name
- Also add this guy (wanker666), majority of his pictures are form "funnyJunk.com" Example A some are from other ytmnds example B and Example C...... (not to mention that he maybe a Narv?) --Southpark 11:59, August 30, 2006 (CDT)
rofl what's with these names?
Who added syncan and state-of-mind?? lol
- ...check the article's history. --It's Smiddle, LOL | What is Talk Page? 04:39, August 17, 2006 (CDT)
Parasitism vs Attention Whoring
i understand a parasite to be someone resubmitting the same .gifs over and over, which is a mentality common among YTMNDers to the point well beyond mere annoyance. many, if not most, users seem to believe YTMND is some sort of imageboard just for the sake of recycling images. but i think a lot of the users in your Parasite Awareness Network just do it for the attention. good examples would be Nigga-stole-your-site, hellofriend43, and MartinLutherKingJr who are clearly trolls, claiming to be the original creators of their sites just to evoke a negative reaction. i just thought of Parasitsm as a mindset, not general grouping for the broad range of dumbasses that visit our site. --Dyskrasia 15:05, August 29, 2006 (CDT)
- Well, I just got revenge downvoted by a parasite. Crazyswordsman 14:05, August 31, 2006 (CDT)
Sheesh people, ease up!
Sure, stealing images and sound and claiming they are yours is bad, but the downvoting is starting to get out of hand. It seems to be coming to a point where to not get downvoted into hell, you have to follow these rules:
- you have to create the image yourself (screenshots don't count)
- you have to rip or create the sound yourself (if you rip, be sure no one else has ever used it before)
- No movie rips
- No fads
- No GIFS/slideshows
- Sound must loop flawlessly
- Most importantly, NO CONTENT THAT IS, LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN OR COULD POSSIBLY BE FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET
Failure to adhere to these regulations will be punished by downvotes, NARV labels, ban requests, death threats, and a loss of all credibility on YTMND
Seriously people, do you WANT that?! Lighten up! Who cares if you don't own soul rights to the content? As long as you say that you didn't make it. YTMND is supposed to be fun and funny! In conclusion, don't take content so seriously! --Giggity Giggity 16:46, September 18, 2006 (CDT)
- After trudging through tens of thousands of ytmnds, seeing them again, and again, and again starts to become tragic.
- Your categories are misguided and generic, and incorrect.
View more ytmnds, you'll see what it Parasitism all about. --nutnics 5:52 pm, September 18, 2006 (PST)
- Parasitism is an EXACT copy of a YTMND. If alter it in any way, it's new unless it's not used before (unless the joke it re-used, in which then it has been done), and sources need to be cited. If that happens, it will definitely not get downvoted into hell. Crazyswordsman 18:24, September 21, 2006 (CDT)
momthinksimcool, wii-lover, and possibly forumstar
I added these two a few days ago. They post stolen sites and images and I believe Wii-lover is an alt account of momthinksimcool, because when Wii-lover/momthinksimcool post a stolen site the other will usually vote a five and comment. So I assume they are the same person.--ShadowSTL 12:35, November 28, 2006 (CST)
Added some more reasons for momthinksimcool if thats all right.ShadowSTL 12:44, December 11, 2006 (CST)
Added another highly possible Alt account for momthinksimcool.ShadowSTL 16:26, December 11, 2006 (CST)
Removed wiilover since I suspect momthinksimcool deleted that account.ShadowSTL 19:02, December 11, 2006 (CST)
Theres been some debate weither forumstar (forums) is Momthinksimcool. I noticed someone added that forum star was a forum account of momthinksimcool. However, I move to remove that line untill further evidence is provided in this talk space. --Rylasasin 16:39, February 24, 2007 (CST)
- update* wii lover and maxgoldberg were a friend of mine, and I was forum star --momthinksimcool 04:28, May 11, 2007 (CDT)