IT'S DONE. -- fyrestorm 21:38, September 5, 2006 (CDT)
Future Volume Suggestions
Please put List Link, Artist/Song, Fad descripion below. -- fyrestorm 19:08, September 4, 2006 (CDT)
- You idiots were requesting songs already in the soundtrack, please try again. ^_^
Please LIST (Artist - Title) - (Site/Fad) - (Sound Origin List)
- Example: DMX - X Gon Give it to Ya / fedexdelivers.ytmnd.com (X gon give it 2 you fad) / http://ytmnd.com/assets/082f6a734aa0b53fbb418597ba882a49
- Chichiri - YTMedleyND / ytmedleynd.ytmnd.com / http://ytmnd.com/assets/b131ec04150e37da8e227cb2f1e9eb9f Chichiri 18:10, September 5, 2006 (CDT)
- My interpretation of a number of melodies based on classic YTMND fads: lol internet, nsmb, nedm, moonlight sonata, crazycake, pi song, epic maneuver. 192 bitrate, REMASTERED mp3 available upon request -- PM Chichiri or post here to get it. Edited to add: length is 4:17. Chichiri 19:05, September 5, 2006 (CDT)
- I was just fortunate enough to talk to fyrestorm on Ventrilo, and as it turns out, he hates YTMedleyND because a) the editing sucks (whatever that means) and b) the site only got a thousand hits (only!). That's okay, though -- just means that whoever wants to hear the high-quality, remastered version will just have to buy it. Yay money! Chichiri 19:50, September 5, 2006 (CDT)
- Klaus Badelt - He's A Pirate / piratename.ytmnd.com (other pirate related sites) / http://ytmnd.com/assets/147c22f17e388be939088051c1a1d654
- Jack Mulcahy - Song Of Satisfaction / waterfallsofcaramel.ytmnd.com / http://ytmnd.com/assets/f6302fd51700c142cba32ae67d0e0aa9
- ?? - Matrix II Trance Mix / ptkfgsgravitydog.ytmnd.com / http://ytmnd.com/assets/220264e79441c529a7ecd5bc6d21087b--Jonphamta 19:44, September 5, 2006 (CDT)
- The Twilight Singers - Bonnie Brae / garfieldisdead.ytmnd.com (The death of Garfield?) / http://www.ytmnd.com/assets/91787f968dedbb031985ad33f7e475a2 - NES Boy 03:24, September 6, 2006 (CDT)
- Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up / smackthatbitch.ytmnd.com (Smack my Bitch Up) / http://ytmnd.com/assets/2bde759e14683ac031295d06a835b095 Maplejet 05:33, September 6, 2006 (CDT)
- -Gucci- - Popcorn Remix (DIFFERENT VERSION, NOT THE SAME AS M+M BAND'S TAKE / owlraveorly.ytmnd.com (O RLY fad) / http://ytmnd.com/assets/9d73c38c210f2eac7ad2751f622f603e Maplejet 06:46, September 6, 2006 (CDT)
- Moheevi (?) - i dunno get the title from him / teksoqp / http://ytmnd.com/assets/3fba2cbe33c1b2b888de0f7d0ef52203 -- Dasyati 21:43, September 6, 2006 (CDT)
- Cascada - Everytime we touch / GAYTMND / http://ytmnd.com/assets/97c2a3cd7f35d657df79eaeabadd659c --Ollj 09:50, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- Benny Hill - Theme / various / http://ytmnd.com/assets/ba77336d3667ae04571edf39ed990386 --Ollj 09:50, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- "Vin Diesel" Final Fantasy (what do you mean, vin diesel did not sing final fantasy??) / vin diesel / http://ytmnd.com/assets/72edf1a376d42b87ead96b5a9568472c --Ollj 09:50, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- ollj, you're requesting songs already IN. -- fyrestorm 09:52, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- The Vin Diesal entry is refering to the Battle Theme from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I do not know who the composer is though.Maplejet 11:16, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- Rex Navarette - Party Like It's 1904 / dohbebubebududeh.ytmnd.com (bebubebududeh fad) / http://ytmnd.com/assets/9347042009b496ac57c9945c42ac58be Maplejet 11:16, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- Oingo Boingo Weird Science (featured in ), and possibly...
- Thomas Dolby She Blinded Me With Science, since it's used in God-knows-how-many YTMNDs featuring Ray Charles being blinded by beakers. And since I'm on a roll with 80's music featuring scientific things, I might as well mention...
- Sigue Sigue Sputnik Love Missile F1-11, since it was used in a few "the missile knows where it is because it knows where it isn't" YTMNDs (like
- Japan's stuck in the 1980's music-wise, so I figure the Final Fantasy fanboys wouldn't notice. The Final Fantasy music isn't as much of a fad as it is a bunch of fat greasy otaku trying to cram music in my ears.--OMG HAX! 11:55, September 7, 2006 (CDT)
- A Flock Of Seagulls I Ran (used in "Iran" YTMNDs and the popular OMG HAX! 12:09, September 7, 2006 (CDT) YTMND). --
Alot of the links are really bad examples. Find the originals dating back. Example is the Gwen Stefani song "Bananas". THe original is CHuck Norris punching a chick in the face (Abuse Fad). -- fyrestorm 11:46, August 30, 2006 (CDT)
- Found it:  SPOUSAL ABUSE IS BANANAS. Adding this up...
I'm not digging the tables. -- fyrestorm 00:19, 29 May 2006 (CDT)
- Por que? I think they look much better, but what's your beef? -Mysekurity | O RLY? 00:20, 29 May 2006 (CDT)
- Looks really ugly. Dunno, maybe if someone cleans it up/updates it. -- fyrestorm 04:08, 29 May 2006 (CDT)
- If they were at least all the same width, it might look better. --Puphles 21:23, June 11, 2006 (CDT)
- I had a post here... why I don't see in "My contributions" page my contributions in this page? I edited the tables... --Midolf 01:47, August 4, 2006 (CDT)
I really dont think we need the examples/fads table. Some of the songs are used in more than one fad, and it'll just get messy. I think the history of the soundtrack and it's tracklisting is sufficient enough. We can add what music is used for each fad on it's own fad page (add it to the template.) Suggestions? -- fyrestorm 11:42, June 14, 2006 (CDT)
- But I would like to know which song goes with which fad, not the other way around. Some songs are used more than once, but I think songs used on only one site are also important. --woMan71 8:47, 15 June 2006 (CDT)
- I agree with you. I think as long as someone will step up and make it useful (a.k.a. not me), it's a good thing to have. It'll make it more interesting, and though the red tables suck, compared to a lot of open-source stuff theyre not half bad. -Mysekurity | it's legal in some states 20:54, June 15, 2006 (CDT) I edited the author/track listings slightly to correct some things (such as the "nintendo" author for some video game songs, etc) If anyone wants it reverted back to correspond to the track listing on the albums then go ahead. -Dacker23
I hope it's ok to replace examples with sites with more views.--Woman71 20:10, June 23, 2006 (CDT)
I'm guessing on volume 11, the first and last tracks are recorded from the ventrilo server?--Woman71 22:30, June 23, 2006 (CDT)
The tables for Vols. 6-9 and 11 look fine in IE, but they look wrong in Firefox. Anyone know how to fix this? Qgor 18:24, July 2, 2006 (CDT)
- Because of the text next to the images. MediaWiki is pretty bad at handling this shit, and FireFox's quirks mode is pretty bad (see WP's Criticisms of Mozilla Firefox article for more.) -Mysekurity | 1'd 19:46, July 2, 2006 (CDT)
black text on FF0000 red is bad. make it pink ;) --Ollj 03:46, July 25, 2006 (CDT)
- Pink is so GAYTMND >:p. I changed the black to white. How bout it? --LBMixPro<lol, talk page> 18:47, July 25, 2006 (CDT)
I think we should include higher quality album covers to the article, as anybody downloading tracks individually won't have access to the full scale cover. Vitafin 15:45, July 4, 2006 (CDT)
What's going on it folks? -- fyrestorm 15:37, July 5, 2006 (CDT)
- Definately "The Rise of Satan - kingj4life3" from Qgor 12:11, July 6, 2006 (CDT)
- I was disappointed at the exclusion of Vitafin 15:05, July 6, 2006 (CDT) on Volume 11.
- m00 23:46, July 7, 2006 (CDT) p.s. Any plans for a YTMND vs. Scientology bonus album? and . also .
- Re: m00, what do you mean by YTMND vs. Scientology? There's not many fad songs associated with Scientology YTMNDs, mostly just the spooky 'Un-Funny Truth' music. Vitafin 14:26, July 8, 2006 (CDT)
- How about something along the lines of the Dew Army album, where the music from the top n sites (or a voted-on subset of them) makes the cut? M00 15:01, July 8, 2006 (CDT)
- That's how Soundtrack Volume 10 Disc 2 worked, based on top rated sites. Vitafin 08:48, July 9, 2006 (CDT)
- All the above for sure. As far as new music goes maybe the recent HallwayGiant 13:10, July 11, 2006 (CDT) would be good. George Zimmer Men's Wearhouse intro for Vol.12 is a must. --
- On the subject of He-Man, Vitafin 08:48, July 9, 2006 (CDT) .
- LBMixPro<lol, talk page> 18:04, July 25, 2006 (CDT) - this one has a unique sound and the YTMND behind it is memorable as well --
- Speaking of 'unique' I've seen HallwayGiant 08:47, July 26, 2006 (CDT) (Múm - The Ballad of the Broken Birdie Records) used in some YTMNDs along with the . Might be worth a addition. -
It's done. Awaiting a promo from Dasyati and we'll release it. -- fyrestorm 20:12, July 28, 2006 (CDT)
- Great compilation. I can't help thinking that the promo will involve tarts... --LBMixPro<lol, talk page> 20:48, July 28, 2006 (CDT)
Would it be possible to fix the artist names on some of the tracks on here? For example, the song "Megaman 3 Selection Theme" is credited to Nintendo, when it should say Capcom.
- These will be fixed with the Remastered Project. For now, dont fucking touch them. -- fyrestorm 10:58, August 18, 2006 (CDT)
Is there a place where corrections may be posted to aid the Remastering Project? Just64helpin 10:36, August 24, 2006 (CDT)
- I'll be making a brand new article for the Remastering Project. I'll have bit rates posted too, and songs with notes on why I want to replace them. -- fyrestorm 10:51, August 24, 2006 (CDT)
- Just to be clear: Will the new article allow users to point out mistakes that might otherwise be overlooked in the remastering?