YTMND 2.0 Changelog
Revision as of 23:17, April 3, 2010 by Max
- 1 YTMND 2.0 Changelog
- 2 Global
- 3 YTMNDs
- 4 Rich text
- 5 Activity
- 6 Frienemies
- 7 Comments
- 8 Private Message System
- 9 News
- 10 Options/etc
- 11 Users List
- 12 User Profiles
- 13 Contests
- 14 Assets Page
- 15 Keywords Page
- 16 Misc
YTMND 2.0 Changelog
- Brand new design created specifically to infuriate you.
- All URLs are now rewritten, so most pages with query strings have new, cleaner URLs.
- All pages are now templated XHTML strict; all CSS, JS, etc moved to external files for speed and cleanliness.
- All pages are now available gzipped for faster load speed.
- YTMND has had its database completely overhauled and scrubbed, the majority of the site is now fully UTF-8 compliant.
- YTMNDs can now have both a foreground and background image.
- YTMND foreground and background images can have finite placement on the page (e.g. top right, bottom center, middle left etc).
- Site descriptions, origins, etc have all had their size increased and support rich text.
- Citations are now shown on site profiles.
- Inbound links are now shown on site profiles so you can see where traffic to YTMNDs is coming from.
- Rich text is supported in multiple areas of the site.
- Rich text includes bold, italic, underline, code (preformatted monospace), spoiler (hidden until mouseover) and user/site/asset links.
- User/site/asset links are currently undergoing a retooling, so it's advisable to not try to use them.
- User activity is now tracked thoroughly. This can be changed somewhat in your user preferences.
- Site/Profile views, votes, comments, site creations/edits etc all show up in your activity page.
- /spy is now a crapflood.
- YTMND now supports friends and enemies.
- Becoming friends or enemies with a user makes their user name change color around the site.
- Befriending someone makes them show up in your "feed", where you can stalk them.
- Currently making someone your enemy does nothing beyond making a statement.
- Comments have had their size increased to 2000 characters (less if you use multibyte).
- Comment nesting now goes to five levels, for multi-threaded conversations.
- Longer user-names are now visible in comments.
- Wide comments no longer push controls to the side, or break boxes.
- Comments now have unique immutable links which can be copied from their timestamp.
- Comments on user profiles now link to the parent comment if the comment is a reply.
- Comment links will go directly to the page the comment is on.
- Posting a comment on a paged site/news post will now redirect you to the page your comment appears on.
Private Message System
- Completely rewritten from scratch.
- Messages are now threaded, so every reply is added on to the original message, instead of copying the entire message multiple times.
- Number of unread messages is now shown on every page.
- No more unnecessary AJAX, each message has a full URL.
- Removed blocked users, because no one used it and it never worked that well.
- New option to receive an email if you get a private message (off by default to combat possible spam).
- Messages in the "trash" older than 30 days are now automatically deleted.
- Private messages support rich text.
- Filters on the main mail view:
- Quick-filters to hide read/unread messages.
- Filter text box to filter by Sender/Subject.
- When composing a new private message, each comma-separated username will auto-complete.
- News now has an RSS feed.
- The five news posts listed at the bottom of the news now show surrounding news posts instead of the most recent five.
- New news page listing available at /news/list
- News is now searchable.
- Lots of options added and removed.
- You can now change the email address associated with your YTMND account.
- You can now retrieve a forgotten username.
- When you use the "forgot password" function, it sends you a verification mail rather than just changing your password.
- New sections which allow you to see (Most/Least) sponsorship and Most/Best/Worst commenters.
- All pages rewritten to make use of AJAX where applicable.
- Added some basic comment statistics.
- Now shows latest activity.
- Now properly sorts on all applicable fields, sorting should also be much faster.
- Has a default sort based on URL, e.g. /users/max/sites sorts oldest-to-newest, /users/max/sites/recent is newest-to-oldest, /users/max/sites/top_rated is highest-scores first.
- Comments page now also shows news comments.
- Comments now link to all associated parties/pages, e.g. the parent comment, site, news post etc.
- Removed for now. RIP :(
New user profile pages
- Frienemies page - Gives an overview of who your friends and enemies are, as well as all "inbound" relationships.
- Activity page - Shows your recent activity.
- Feed page - Shows when people comment on your site, and all of your friends' activities. Sort of like a personal /spy.
- New contest option to only allow new sites.
- Contest placement is calculated based on votes between the start and end date of the contest, so old sites no longer have an advantage.
- Now shows a plethora of extra information.
- URLs can now be /assets/<asset id> in addition to /assets/<asset md5>
- Tried to make it slightly more useful and failed miserably.
- Passwords are now hashed before logging in so plaintext passwords are no longer sent.
- A PayPal calculator built into the sponsorship page.