YTMND 2.0 Changelog
Revision as of 03:48, April 1, 2010 by Max
YTMND 2.0 Changelog
- Brand new design created specifically to infuriate you.
- All URLs are now rewritten, so most pages with query strings have new, cleaner URLs.
- All pages are now templated XHTML strict; all CS, JS, etc moved to external files for speed and cleanliness.
- All pages are now available gzipped for faster load speed.
- YTMNDs can now have both a foreground and background image.
- YTMND foreground and background images can have finite placement on the page.
- Site descriptions, origins, etc have all had their size increased and support rich text.
- Citations are now shown on site profiles.
- Inbound links are now shown on site profiles so you can see where traffic to YTMNDs is coming from.
- Rich text is supported in multiple areas of the site.
- Rich text includes bold, italic, underline, code, spoiler (preformatted monospace) and user/site/asset links.
- Comments have had their size increased to 2000 characters (less if you use multibyte).
- Comment nesting now goes to five levels, for multi-threaded conversations.
- Longer usernames are now visible in comments.
- Wide comments no longer push controls to the side, or break boxes.
- Comments now have unique immutable links which can be copied from their timestamp.
- Comments on user profiles now link to the parent comment if the comment is a reply.
- Comment links will go directly to the page the comment is on.
- Posting a comment on a paged site/news post will now redirect you to the page your comment appears on.
Private Message System
- Completely rewritten from scratch.
- Messages are now threaded, so every reply is added on to the original message, instead of copying the entire message multiple times.
- Number of unread messages is now shown on every page.
- No more unnecessary AJAX, each message has a full URL.
- Removed blocked users, because no one used it and it never worked that well.
- New option to receive an email if you get a private message (off by default to combat possible spam).
- Messages in the "trash" older than 30 days are now automatically deleted.
- Private messages support rich text.
- Filters on the main mail view:
Quick-filters to hide read/unread messages. Filter text box to filter by Sender/Subject.
- When composing a new private message, each comma-separated username will auto-complete.
- News now has an RSS feed.
- The five news posts listed at the bottom of the news now show surrounding news posts instead of the most recent five.
- New news page listing available at /news/list
- News is now searchable.
- Lots of options added and removed.
- You can now change the email address associated with your YTMND account.
- You can now retrieve a forgotten username.
- When you use the "forgot password" function, it sends you a verification mail rather than just changing your password.
- New sections which allow you to see (Most/Least) sponsorship and Most/Best/Worst commenters.
- All pages rewritten to make use of AJAX where applicable.
- Added some basic comment statistics.
- Now shows latest activity.
- Now properly sorts on all applicable fields, sorting should also be much faster.
- Comments page now also shows news comments.
- Comments now link to all associated parties/pages, e.g. the parent comment, site, news post etc.
- Removed for now. RIP :(
fuck i'm way too tired to do this right now.