I was first introduced to YTMND in early December of 2005. I officially became a member on March 5, 2006 and started making my own sites. They never really made it big, until I made Count the mistakes. This site is simply just the words, "There is three errers in this sentence." I'll let it be up to you to find the mistakes. Anyway, it got lots of votes and comments when I posted it on May 30, 2006. Big name users like Syncan and Boomaga 5'd it and left a comment and I couldn't wait to see how many views it was going to have by the next day. But when I logged onto YTMND the next day, I was shocked to find that it was deleted, along with 400,000 other sites and users, by Max. I reposted it, but it never did become what it had the previous day.
On July 13, 2007, I left YTMND and didn't return until I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was gone for 11 days, the longest I'd ever been away from YTMND since the day I created my user name. It was all worth it too. I escaped just before spoiler sites started popping up. On the morning of July 24, 2007, I finished the book and returned to YTMND a couple hours after that.
On July 28, 2007, I created the site Pepperidge Farm® was asking for it. The next day I woke up and found it on the top viewed list. For the first time since joining YTMND, one of my sites stayed on the front page all day. At the end of the day it was like #9 or #10. I forget which one.
I DO NOT have any alts. On August 30, 2007, someone thought it would be funny to frame me by creating a username similar to mine (prairiedogeric). I want everyone (who reads this wiki page and the whole YTMND community) to know that it isn't me. That's all. Actually, I do have an alt. Read about it here: Featured/Non-Featured User of the Day
The BINGO fad
In late July 2006, I was desperate to make a site that would catch a lot of attention and get lots of comments. Inspired by Max's site, YTMND Users are.., I created The Official YTMND 1st, 2nd, 3rd... List. Users would leave a comment and get their name posted next to a number in the YTMND (1-200). It was an instant hit and it filled up right away. I then made Offical YTMND 1st, 2nd, 3rd List Continued (201-400) and The Extra List of Users for those I couldn't fit into the first site (I still don't know how to make an animated GIF). Those sites are still available for commenting if anyone is interested.
Then, on July 30, 2006, I made 50 State BINGO, a site similar to my List sites. It was a picture of a blank United States map and users could pick a state, region, or body of water that they wanted their name on (it got a little out of hand when people began making up places and requesting other countries). That too became an instant hit and, unintentionally, it became a fad. Users began making their own "BINGO" sites using things like the Solar System, the human body, the YTMND frontpage, the World, etc. That night I paid for sex with a hooker in Minot. By the next day, my site got as high as #20 on the top viewed list (that I knew of), and a few other "BINGO" sites were above it. The fad only lasted a few days before dying out.
The Lists and the BINGO sites are basically the same thing. I got the idea to call it "BINGO" from Where's George?, a site where people can track where their American currency goes. People can enter a dollar bill's serial number and series on the site and tell where the bill is located. They then spend the bill and see if someone else will reenter it. They do this by either stamping or writing the web site on the bills for a better chance of someone reentering them. Some people try to get at least one bill reentered in each state and if they do, they call it a "BINGO". They don't get anything for it, it's all just for fun. I am a member, if anyone cares.
The educational domain grab sites
I enjoy grabbing domains, so sometimes I made sites that were all about the domain itself. Using the voice of AT&T Mike, I would greet the viewers of the site like so: "Welcome to [insert domain here].ytmnd.com..." These sites have pissed off a few people, but some like them and I even got other people to make similar sites. So I guess you can call it a fad, a really bad fad. mik3m hated these sites so much that he delivered to me a voice message, which can be heard here. To view some of these site, check out my user profile and hit the ctrl+F keys and type "ytmnd.com" to get right to them.
2004 (nothing in my favorites list except max's original)
- What is Harry Potter? by ewingsquadron
- harrypotterwtf by hallowedredeemer
- FOR THE DEPTH OF HELL COMES HAGRID 7 by SupaMario
- Yer a wizard, motherfucker! by LocutusOfBorg
- Harry Potter and the Breakfast of Champions (Refresh) by secretpants
- SESAME STREET EATS BABIES by dasupalouie
- When Picard Attacks Batman (Refresh) by tongzhi
- Tom Hanks Finds New Harry Potter Book (Refresh) by secretpants
- Stealing bikes is what niggas do best (reload) by KKM
- Harry Potter the Pervert!(OG) by DuBByDo
- More Realistic Neverending Story Ending by ziptal
- More Asstastic Ending to NeverEnding Story by cowgill
- M by ps3fool
- YTMND Pianist: NSMB by smoothmedia
- My Rofl Rap Goes Old School by Skerlnick
- Niggas Department by rfbandit
- A True Guitar Hero by Chav-Slayer
- Shredder addresses YTMND by kinzar
- ytmnd charms a girl by typogra
- All senniioorrr ccciiiittttiiiizzzeeeennnnsssssss by Xoul
- DougerBaloneys™ 7 - DougFucks™ by MurdarMachene
- A Most Serious Quest by fourest
- FUCK by MurdarMachene
- Microsoft Success™ by ALMusic
- TMNT: Traditional Marking of Native Territory by Timaeus
- That is not a sausage... by PlatformerMastah
- Not Cool, Homestar by MasterSitsu
- Not the Boo Box! by dmaz
- With Alltel Wireless you can... by jerwil
- we are sorry indians by sark76
- nba detective by blag
- PayShince-Kignz 004th SiTe !!!1 by PatienceKing
- Sunman gets Moonman out of Jail by UmfuldReturns
- Super L337 Land by hanktherapper
- Lester and All Man Vote by braxton
- KOENTMND: Bill O'Reilly Attempts Matlab by NiteSky
- Love In These Cuffs by fourest
- Rosebud Fuckin Peas by mrmagoo892003
- 300TMND: This... is... sausage! by Darkhand
- Mikal Felps makes a restaurant by keatonkeaton999
- Voldemort's Gay Fuel Challenge by Fooliano
- Native American Radio by GaryGnu
- Captain Kangaroo by SilverDollar
- Obama visits the special olympics by fourest
- John Whitecloud: Indian Justice by GaryGnu
- prairiedogeric10 reads comments (fun times mix) by keatonkeaton999
- Wreck of the KITT by Charizard
- GABBLYTMND: Happy Hannukkkah from Gabbly by GordonFremen
- the pianist by fearcondom
- gary busey is shocked by gross
A special thank you to Ozone31 for helping me get started with this page!