Difference between revisions of "Talk:Troll"
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
== coolchick1794 ==
== coolchick1794 ==
Used to use the "Ban (Insert generally loathed YTMNDer here) Button" joke way too many times. Questionable taste in music. Will often vandalize the wiki to remove all content against her. Won't admit being a troll. Was once friends with
Used to use the "Ban (Insert generally loathed YTMNDer here) Button" joke way too many times. Questionable taste in music. Will often vandalize the wiki to remove all content against her. Won't admit being a troll. Was once friends with and defended him to the point of heart attack whenever someone pointed out what a douche he is. She apparently "broke up" with him and posted a YTMND about it, thinking anyone would care. She and share an alt called spiderpig.---[[User:LordAstrotrain|Astrotrain]]
== Sociology thesis? ==
== Sociology thesis? ==
Revision as of 00:50, September 17, 2008
Nugget isn't a troll, he's just cranky. HeatherChandler 01:37, February 3, 2007 (CST)
Agreed. He's more of a comment spammer, not a troll. Dr-R337 01:39, February 3, 2007 (CST)
Wolfson and Dantheman are deserving to be on this page. -- fyrestorm 02:15, February 3, 2007 (CST)
- 1 Edit Requests
- 1.1 GucheHair ... Whetstone and peterguy?
- 1.2 Cthulhu138
- 1.3 LUE1337
- 1.4 2007 = year of the troll?
- 1.5 Shenmoo/Skerlnick
- 1.6 Yaoifangurl4U ?
- 1.7 coolchick1794
- 1.8 Sociology thesis?
- 1.9 Humor?
- 1.10 my deffinition of a troll
- 1.11 Edit Requests?
- 1.12 A few requests for Mods
- 1.13 "Stupid 3500Hz thing"
- 1.14 Exfurry
- 1.15 Request: Open this page
- 1.16 Wait...
This article was locked due to constant vandalism. Now on, if you want an edit to be made on this article, simply make a request in this section. An admin will then add your request in if he approves of it.
- Daton has been banned from YTMND, but he is labled Banned,But Returned with many alts. He should now be labled Banned.
- italliandom72291's Crimes against YTMND should be changed to
|Creates sites with the burning cat video, titling the sites with members names, as well as using their names as the sites source and description. Refuses to admit he's a troll and tried to remove himself from this list several times. Was banned from YTMND, but returned as italiandom72291thesecond still the way he was before but also had an alt account named F4LL-0U7-80Y, that he used to spam YTMND with sites that are always titled "*random topic* sucks..", and the site text says "But Puffi Ami Yumi Dosen't!!!" or "But Fall Out Boy Dosen't!!!" with a picture of said band, but got banned again. Currently back as italliandom72291, back to burning cat picture. He is also known to post nimp.org sites as an attack to his enemies. He was also allegedly "firends" with coolchick1794, and apparently shared an account together with some kids they met on Myspace called spiderpig.|
I also think that his threat level should say Low.
GucheHair ... Whetstone and peterguy?
GucheHair it not a troll either I don't think. It seems to me that hes more of a comment spammer. He belongs on the downvoter list or on the comment spammer list. This list is for users that partake in faggotry that doesn't classify as comment spamming, downvoting, or NARVishness alone (Such as submitting a wave of shock sites, Using lots of alt accounts to mass upvote or downvote (as opposed to using only one account). --Rylasasin 15:53, February 3, 2007 (CST)
- I agree that Guchehair needs to be added to this list. he singlehandedly kept dozens of sites off UAC yesterday and has re registered again -- MasterSitsu = February 25
I'll add Dantheman and Wolfson. Though i need an opinion on this... what about Whetstone and his accomplice Peterguy? do they count as trolls too? --Rylasasin 15:53, February 3, 2007 (CST)
Offense: They would keep spamming ytmnd with religious messages even when asked to stop by the majority of ytmnd users. While they aren't anywhere as malicious as say TB or MW, I still say they still should have their place on the list for their actions. --Rylasasin 15:53, February 3, 2007 (CST)
oh ok sorry--tehpwnerer2 20:05, February 3, 2007 (CST)
Guchehair has been IP banned from YTMND due to constantly making dozens of alt accounts, posting shock images, and trolling YTMND in general.
jizzmotron needs to be set to inactive since it seems to be deleted
Should he count as a troll? He always usually uses the same sound and while he has made a fanbase (including from myself), alot of people dislike him.- Jake 24:01, February 25, 2007 (CST)
The guy's already been banned a few times, uses webwarper to go around it. Comment spams, posts shock sites, mass e-venges, etc. Dali 09:59, February 25, 2007 (CST)
2007 = year of the troll?
You know, like 2006 was pretty much the year of the NARV, 2007 looks like it's gonna be the year of the troll. An impressive amount of trolls are joining and creating massive amounts of site, upvoting each other and downvoting everything else. Should there be a mention of this in this article or is it not important enough yet? Dali 21:14, March 21, 2007 (CDT)
I trolled (or rather, fucked around) for a very short time on my original username Shenmoo, I'm surprised I'm listed here. However, I do wish to point out that even though I use the name Skerlnick now, I am not a troll and have never been one with this account. I don't consider myself a troll in any case because I was here for a long time before I decided to mess around for about a week. - Skerlnick 2:02, March 28, 2007 (EST)
awww that's cute =)--momthinksimcool 04:24, May 11, 2007 (CDT)
Is that user a troll or a NARV? I can only tell that that user is a heterophobe. --Artman40 07:38, April 8, 2007 (CDT)
Used to use the "Ban (Insert generally loathed YTMNDer here) Button" joke way too many times. Questionable taste in music. Will often vandalize the wiki to remove all content against her. Won't admit being a troll. Was once friends with italiandom72291 and defended him to the point of heart attack whenever someone pointed out what a douche he is. She apparently "broke up" with him and posted a YTMND about it, thinking anyone would care. She and italiandom72291 share an alt called spiderpig.---Astrotrain
What might you mean by questionable taste in music? Aren't we all entitled to our tastes without slanderous remarks made about them? And yes, I consider "questionable" to be slanderous. Just stating my opinion here.
Also, last I checked the content she tried to remove was locked, so isn't the present tense incorrect here?
I also corrected a few of Astrotrain's spelling errors because they were driving me nuts. Sorry if it bothers anyone. Inobambino 01:50, September 17, 2008 (CDT)
Me and some other students did an undergraduate sociology thesis on internet trolling as it relates to the nsfw forums and to a lesser extent the front page. I was wondering if anyone thought it would be appropriate to add some of it here or maybe upload the file somewhere and link it. It's 75 pages (actually titled tldr) so i can submit an edited or truncated version once I find the time. Also before reporting this post for vandalism please pm me for evidence, because I'm not joking, although I suspect this may not be taken seriously... --momthinksimcool 17:27, May 11, 2007 (CDT)
- I'd like to see it :D BTape 18:00, May 11, 2007 (CDT)
Shouldn't there be some discussion of trolling as a form of humor? I mean this is a humor site after all and humor is very important to trolling. I'd write something now but really don't have the time.. maybe later. --momthinksimcool 17:46, May 11, 2007 (CDT)
What the Hell's humorous about a kitty being lit on fire?--Darky
my deffinition of a troll
- people that repeatedly post the same image and/or clip (especialy if it is that stupid 3500hz thing because that is ment to piss people off) I think it's ok to re-post but no more than 3 times. if it didn't make 'up and coming' the third time then it never will.
- attacking other users because it's so stupid
- attacking or conspiracy to attack other sites including chat rooms or discussion boards
- if more than 15% of your sites are shock sites
- child porn (duh)
- abuse of the wiki
- stealing content
if this does not fit the troll catagory there should be "malicious user" category for this I also think NARVs are just users that don't get the ettiquitte of ytmnd or downvote because they don't get the jokes
feel free to add your 2 cents to this
This article was locked due to constant vandalism, along with NARV and Comment Spammer. These articles were said to be deleted, but apparently never were. I was thinking that if these articles are still here, they should at least be updated so it wont show old useless info, but how? I was thinking of creating an edit request section in the talk pages. Users would add a request and when an admin sees the new request he adds it to the list under his approval, both to keep vandals away and to keep these articles useful. Also, somewhere on the articles, there should be a message that says "This article was last updated (month) (day), (year)", so users would know when it was last updated. So, what do you think? -bruno
- I think this is a good idea, though I'd almost favor just deleting all three of these articles. I suppose they should stay up until the mod system is in place and then reports can just be made directly. I may just unlock the article, too, if the request idea becomes too much of a hassle.BTape 19:37, August 21, 2007 (CDT)
- Okay then. Also, unprotecting the articles, I don't think would be a good idea because with the articles vulnerable again, the vandalism that got these articles blocked would just come back.
Can someone unlock this or set my status to [color=pink][i]sexy[/i][/color]<<mtic
A few requests for Mods
I've noticed that this article needs some work done. Here's a few things:
- TwistedBarney should be changed to Inactive, as he has not been active since September 1st. He even told me himself that he's bored of YTMND (good news to those who are not very big fans of him :P). It should also be added that he created the Hulk-Hogan downvoter account, as here even admitted it here.
- altf4 has been Banned or he deleted himself. I'm guessing it's likely the former, but the latter is also possible. It should also be added to his description that "he later returned to make more nonsense, repetitive sites, most of them featuring the Little Lad from the Skittles Berries and Cream commercial. He was eventually banned, however."
- learn2troll's account is gone. I'm pretty sure it has been Banned.
- Pedophile4you should be changed from Reported to FBI/account locked but returned to Reported to FBI/Banned as his account is deleted. Also, I don't recall him making an alt account, but if he did, the account is likely gone now.
- tennousei's online status is hidden, but he has not made a site or posted a comment since July, so I'm willing to bet he's Inactive.
- Also, what Bruno and LordAstrotrain said about Daton and italliandom72291 should also be added. Okay, so this was more than just a few, but still.--Jake 09:48, October 28, 2007 (CDT)
"Stupid 3500Hz thing"
Quite a few of my square wave sites have made the U&C
He vanished from YTMND after many parodies of his "I will post this every day until you like it" all sprang up in a short window of time. I think he's pretty much gone forever, as he accomplished his goal...sorta.
I heard he was permanently banned. Inobambino 09:47, April 6, 2008 (CDT)
Request: Open this page
As well as the Comment Spammer and NARV pages. They are severely outdated and the mods themselves are not doing anything about this.--cacaclownfacedfaggot 09:59, April 6, 2008 (CDT)
Where'd the list go?
Yeah where the heck is the list?