| Original YTMND:|
|November 11, 2005|
Pi is a YTMND that pays tribute to Hard n' Phirm's song Pi, where 150 decimals of numerical pi are performed. The symbol π refers to number that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to it's diameter. Because the number pi is an irrational number, it can not be exactly represented as a fraction. It follows that when pi represented as a decimal number, the decimal places will never terminate or repeat. Pi to 8 decimal places is 3.14159265. However, the decimals go on infinitely--hence the absurdity of enumerating the number pi verbally. Parodies involve mathematical curiosities(irrational numbers or otherwise) with the decimals inlayed into the symbol(often in green) for example π, e, i, sqrt(2), and Euler's formula.
For the fad that uses the video, rather than the audio, of Hard 'n Phirm's Pi, see Kids go crazy for....
"Pi" is also the highest viewed site that is not in the hall of fame, and one of three sites not in the hall of fame with over a million views (the other two being Wow is serious business and Ninja works it).
Other related sites:
- Pi had one weakness
- The Golden Ratio...
- Spock Loves Pi (Spock explains...)
- Pi and e have one weakness
- Real Medieval Pi Note the bible verse from 1 Kings 7:23--"And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."
- Learn to sing Pi
- HD-DVD AES Encryption Key (Poetic reading)
- Jon Carry, Ed Belfour, Khan, Doc Brown, and Kaz Hirai sing the pi song
- This page is a stub. Make it meaningful and .