| Original YTMND:|
The O RLY? YTMND is the spawn of the O RLY owl of Internet Meme fame.
The original O RLY YTMND was created on May 21, 2006 by limecat402. It is only one of three YTMNDs he has made to date, but it is probably the most prolific YTMND to date due to its cult-status as an internet phenomenon.
A typical, basic O RLY YTMND consists of a wide-eyed Snow Owl with the phrase O RLY? juxtapositioned beneath it.
The phrase O RLY is internet shorthand for oh really, and is typically used to mock AOL users or used as a response to a non-sequitur. This use is very similar to I Love Lamp, which is used when someone says something particularly useless in a discussion you might be having with them.
The origins of this particular Snowy Owl come from 4chan as a response to posts that were difficult to believe, non-sequitur, nonsensical, or drew skepticism.
Expansions upon the original phenomemna include a Great Horned Owl emblazoned with the words "YA RLY!" in response to the Snowy Owl.
At this point in there there are hundreds, if not thousands, of permutations of this internet meme. The ease of which this kind of YTMND can be created (read: a quick mspaint job) cause widespread use and abuse of the O RLY fad.
In the second alternate universe, YesYes, there's three variants.
- "4 RL?" "4 SUR" "GT OWT!" with fishes, accompained by Basement Jaxx' Where's Your Head At?. 
- "how do u no?" "coz i no" "STFUG!" with squirrels, together with TechnoMadness' remixed Tetris theme. 
- "SRSLY?" "YA SRSLY" "WTF!?" with dogs and an edited Popcorn theme. 
Many different universes have been made, but no of them are "official".
- "lol srsly?" "YA SRSLY" "OMGWTFBBQ" with turtles, and music by Gasolina. 
- "SRSLY?" "OF CORZ" "U DONT SAI!" with seals, accompanied with Mark The 45 King's The 900 Number.