- This page is about the fad. If you were looking for the comment, see No.
No is an interjection in the English langauge used to express doubt, refusal, or disbelief.
It became a YTMND fad following its dramatic use in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. In the movie, Darth Vader, having just been encased in his famous armor, shares the following dialogue with Emperor Palpatine:
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW FROM STAR WARS EPISODE III
- Palpatine: Lord Vader...can you hear me?
- Vader: Yes, master. Where is Padme? Is she safe? Is she all right?
- Palpatine: It seems, in your anger, you killed her.
- Vader: I...I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Redily created on May 20, 2005 using a leaked print of the movie for the picture and sound. Because Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" was generally panned by moviegoers, it was widely circulated on the internet and has become one of the most popular sites on YTMND.com. As of July 2006, DarthNo has an average rating of 4.14, over 800,000 all-time views, and a spot on the YTMND Hall of Fame. Despite its popularity, only one user has sponsored it: Nai255 for $23.97.
The NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! fad is a series of YTMNDs depicting Vader using his infamous line in all manner of situations, usually those that would not warrant such an outburst.has also been inducted into the Hall of Fame, and was plugged by Max in an interview with .
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" has enjoyed a healthy second life in many You Forgot Poland sites.